A LOVED ONE
The arrangement of a funeral or cremation of a loved one is not something
that a person does regularly. Add to this the fact that very few people
wish to think about death, then it is understandable that most people are
at a loss when someone near to them dies.
AVBOB has been serving the community for more than 80 years, and we would
like to share our experience with you.
TO DO WHEN A LOVED ONE PASSES AWAY
Irrespective of the time of day or night, contact MAGDA ROUX as soon as
possible to make arrangements for the removal of the deceased. Magda Roux
is available 24 hours a day and her contact telephone number is
Funeral arrangements are usually made at AVBOB Nigel, but if need be,
Magda Roux will visit you at home so that the necessary arrangements can
be made in private. If the funeral or cremation is to take place in a town
or city other than where the death occurred, you can ask Magda Roux to
make the necessary arrangements.
By law, all deaths must be registered. To enable us to do so, the
following are required:
• The identity document of the deceased. (If the deceased was
not a South
African citizen, then his/her passport).
• A medical certificate completed and signed by the deceased's
usually obtain this on your behalf.
• Where applicable, the name and number of the deceased's
• All funeral policies under which the deceased was covered and/or
of membership of any funeral scheme.
WHICH DECISIONS MUST BE MADE?
Certain decisions surrounding the funeral or cremation need to be
made. Consult with the deceased's next of kin, friends, clergymen,
etc. so that everyone's wishes can be considered. You may also be
led by the wishes of the deceased before death, for example by the
contents of the will.
The decisions include the following:
• Whether the deceased must be buried or cremated.
• When the funeral/cremation is to be held (date and time).
• Where will the service be held? Not only in which town or city but
also the venue, e.g. in a church, chapel or at the graveside.
• Who will conduct the memorial service, if one is required?
• What flowers, which are traditionally part of a funeral or
cremation, are required? What must be done with them after the
• Which newspaper will carry the notice of the funeral or cremation?
• Who will act as pallbeares?
• How many funeral pamphlets are required? What must be
• What type of coffin is preferred? (A choice can be made from the
selection available in our showroom).
No matter the circumstances, AVBOB and its personnel are "there when
you need us most". We are experienced in these matters, and will
advise and support you at all times.
After consultation with the family or their representative, we
undertake to make arrangements with all the relevenat persons and
authorities that relate to your specific sircumstances. This forms
part of our service to you.
DOES AVBOB OFFER YOU?
Our comprehensive price includes the following services and items:
• The coffin chosen.
• Removal of the deceased to our premises.
• The use of our mortuary facilities.
• Registration of death (need presence of family member).
• Arrangements with cemeteries, crematoriums, churches, etc.
• Placement of a funeral notice in a newspaper of your choice.
• Local telephone calls
• Funeral pamphlets.
• Grave equipment
• The use of a (custom-built) hearse during the funeral / cremation.
• Undertaker's services.
• Value Added Tax (VAT).
HOW TO CONTACT US
AVBOB NIGEL FUNERAL PARLOUR
45 Breytenbach Street, Nigel, 1491
P.O. Box 102, Nigel, 1490
Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 08h00 to 16h30 - Sat: 08h30 to 11h00